Friday, August 7, 2009

Cooking Diner food @ home



I love greasy spoons, in fact there are very few greasy spoons (or diners) here in my area. Once of my favorite things to order @ a diner is chili cheese fries. I enjoy a hearty, healthy chili (not greasy or over processed) so I made my own chili-cheese fries, with everything homeade.

This is a photograph of a grilled ham & cheese sandwich with a side of homeade chili cheese oven baked french fries.


To make the french fries, I use about 4-5 medium sized potatoes - scrub and peel them, dry off the potatoes, and cut into medium thick wedges. I gently coat the potatoes in olive oil, fresh garlic, and season with kosher salt. I then place the potatoes on a non-stick baking sheet, and cook in a 400 degree oven for about 35 minutes until slightly crisp.

I then top my french fries with homeade black bean chili, and cheddar cheese then bake until the cheese is melted. I don't include my chili recipe because it's my secret, however you can use any variety of chili you'd like (as long as you use homeade fries or potatoes).


:)

No comments: